Phones, what are they? A scientific invention which shuns the communicative barriers, and brings people closer. It is also this magical small pocket of wish granting spells. It has granted people the commodity of aesthetic expressions, an overarching reach to the masses at a significant level of production and exchange of ideologies. Naturally, like any other thing which has a material form has a source acting as the main reactor of energy and vitality. A phone does too; it is its sim so here we will discuss on how to remove sim card from iPhone.
A sim stands for Subscriber Identity Module, and it is how a carrier provides information to the device needs to reach to its network and access voice and data services linked to the account. It is an integrated circuit, intended to store the international mobile subscriber identity (IMSI) number and its various related key, which are being used to identify and authenticate subscribers and users on mobile telephony devices (such as mobile phones and computers). It is also providing the commodity to store contact information on many SIM cards. SIM cards are always used on GSM phones; for CDMA phones, they are only needed for newer LTE (Long Term Evolution)-capable handsets. SIM cards can also be used in satellite phones.
All the SIM cards contain an international mobile subscriber identity (IMSI) number, unique serial number (ICCID), security authentication, ciphering information, temporary information related to the local network of the area. A list of the services the user has access to for the usage, and two passwords: a personal identification number (PIN) for ordinary use, and a personal unblocking code (PUK) for PIN unlocking of the SIM. Sounds magical and complicated, right? Here, we discuss the most suitable ways which will aid the raging question of how to remove sim card from iPhone.
All iPhones and iPads have a SIM card slot on their sides which naturally carries a SIM card. It is important to observe that, unlike other phones, iPhones have a differing style of removing a SIM card. The sim slots are situated outside the phones rather than inside the phone and also the type of Sim card. There are many models of iPhones, and each has different sizes of SIM. For example, original iPhone has simple Sim and so does iPhone 3, and iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and 4s micro sim, iPhone 5, 5C,5s have Nano SIM, iPhone 6 and 6 plus have Nano sim, iPhone SE has Nano SIM, the recent models like 6S,6S plus, 7 and 7 plus also have Nano sim. Sims, in all the iPhones, are situated next to the battery.
It is rather unconventional, and which is precisely why people mess up this process, they either force open the back or break the sensitive SIM holder. But don’t worry, this article which is like an all guide for iPhone sim card removal has come to the rescue and discusses, various ways on how to remove sim card from iPhone, and these are as follows.
- Gently insert the small paperclip which is bent into a small pinhole opening in the SIM tray located at the side of the phone. To pop out the SIM tray, it would be advised to apply a small amount of pressure on it. The pressure should only be applied in the direction of the pin hole, grab hold of the SIM tray and pull it out. Swap the SIM card and re-insert the tray. Before re-inserting, make sure the sim has been put in the right way and order or else it will not work. This trick can also be used if anyone wants to know how to remove iPhone sim card.
- There is an ejector tool which can be used to remove or change the sim card from the sim tray of the iPhone. This tool is easily available in the market, and there are great deals on it. The advantage of using an ejector tool is that there is more precision, less risk of damaging the SIM tray and there is no hassle of finding a pin, bending or molding it. It is a “pesky-podge device” and best for sim card iPhone 6.
- Toothpick, the usage of a toothpick is same as that of paper; the toothpick should be carefully inserted into the same small pinhole opening in the SIM tray, located at the side of the phone. Optimal pressure should be applied to pop out the tray, and the pressure should only be applied in the direction of the pinhole. Grab the SIM tray and pull it out, swap the SIM card and re-insert the tray.
- If you are wondering how to remove sim card from iPhone, the next trick will be very helpful, is using a staple, as staples are the alternative to iPhone sim card swap tool, they are constructed of sturdy material and are thinnest. This combination provides efficiency and swiftness. Again. The method is the same as a toothpick and a paperclip but the only difference being in the type of material.
- If you are a woman or have friends which who belong to the fairer sex you are with luck here, another strange on how to get the sim card out of iPhone 6 is using earrings, yes you read that right. The hook part if the earring can be utilized in the same manner as other mentioned ways. The hook part of any spare earrings can be mended in a way which provides access to the Sim card tray of the iPhone. Gentle pressure should be applied in the direction of the pinhole, and when it pops out, it should be swapped with the desired sim card iPhone 6.
- Mechanical pencil/ compass is also a way to remove sim card from iPhone 6, the lead within the pen which is used to write is used to apply pressure on the sim card tray, and the same procedure is applied. This manner of removing a sim is not advised because lead is a sensitive substance and might break off with the applied pressure and end up denting or scratching the perfectly designed body of the iPhone.
These are some of the ways that can accelerate the process of a SIM removal from iPhone. It is important to note that after the Sim card has been removed, after reading this article on how to remove sim card from iPhone, the SIM card tray should be wiped clean with a soft cotton or a cleaner spray. This will help with the proper working of the SIM.