Pokemon Go is the new talk of the town, and if you are unaware of it, then you better swipe open your phone, open your internet browser and google what this new trend. It has gripped the whole world under its addicting charm. Anywhere you go, you can find a person pacing up and down a street, oblivious to his surrounding, in search of allotted Pokemon to that geographical area. The game is a free-to-play, location-based augmented reality game developed by the collaboration between Niantic and Nintendo. Pokemon Go makes the players use a mobile device’s GPS ability and WiFi to search, catch, battle and train virtual creatures called Pokemon.
Also Read: Disable Geotagging for Photos on iPhone/iPad
The virtual creatures keep popping on the screen as if they were in the same world location as the player. This game is opposed to any other games ever before because it incorporates the best of both worlds, the chance to go outdoors and use our brain’s mechanism to hunt, use cognitive skills and problem-solving techniques. It is widely appreciated. This article especially focusses on recurring error like Pokemon Go GPS Signal Not Found
But, if you find this Pokemon go GPS signal not found popping up on your phone and can’t play it then, here is what you can do to revert the problem.
A. If you find errors which say “GPS signal not found Pokemon go” then
- first you can try enabling the GPS of the phone. The method to switch on the GPS is different for Android and IOS.
- For Android phones, if the error states Pokemon go GPS signal not found Android the user needs to tap on the phone’s settings icon or access settings through Quick Settings then scroll down to privacy and safety finally tap on it.
- Click on the Location and make sure Location toggle is in the on position.
- Tap on Locating method. This can also be called Location mode. Tap GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile networks in the given options itself.
- This may also be named as High accuracy. Ensure that Wi-Fi is also turned on throughout the game, even if the phone is not connected to a network.
To enable GPS for IOS user, some apps might not work unless the Location Services are turned on, for example, the game Pokemon Go.
- The first time an app will need to access your Location Services information, you’ll get a notification asking for permission respectively. Choose one of these options which might pop up:
- Tap Allow to let the app use Location Services information as needed for the app.
- Tap Don’t Allow to prevent access for the app.
iOS devices might use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to determine your location as well for the game.
Pokémon Go uses both the local Wi-Fi (also called as Assistive GPS), your closest mobile network tower, and GPS satellites to precisely place you in the game world. Turning on just Wi-Fi and mobile network-based location tracking will make your character jump around, and it will be less likely to be placed close to Pokémon during the execution of the game.
If you’re still getting “Pokemon go no GPS signal” even after turning the GPS on, it will be advisable to take a step outside and hold the phone steady for around 30 seconds. That should allow the GPS satellites to latch onto your phone and get things back to normal. This can be because of the transfer of signal from the satellite to the phone.
B. How to fix “Pokemon go GPS issues” error in Pokémon Go through another way.
If the methods above didn’t work, there is no need to worry the mentioned are relatively simple ones, the error can lie somewhere deeper as well. So, if by chance you get Pokemon go GPS signal not found error when opening Pokémon Go on your phone, then
- Switch to the Airplane mode of the phone
- You will need to wait a moment, then turn it back off.
- This in turns resets all the radios and can sometimes get GPS to reset with it. It will allow the GPS satellite to locate the phone and synchronize with the game world of Pokemon Go. If you’re outdoors but still can’t establish a stable GPS signal, make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on, even there are no Wi-Fi network to connect to.
C. Try closing the app and reload it
Sometimes, during the game, a quick closing and re-opening can aid to reconnect to locate the GPS signal and then get back to the game. The steps are as follows.
- Return to the Home screen, if you can, by pressing the Home button which comes in ever phone.
- Open a new app, and take a few minutes to do something else, for example, scroll through Facebook or Twitter.
- Double-press the Home button to enter the multitasking screen of the phone.
- Swipe to the Pokémon Go app.
- Tap on the Pokémon Go card to re-enter the app to resume the game with stable GPS connection.
D. If still, you can’t seem to find GPS signal, then there is a full proof plan for iOS phones which would help to attain it and get rid of the Pokemon go GPS signal not found. It is called Reset Network Settings. This procedure can involve a bit of brainstorming and effort but the results are unprecedented. The step being discussed is the same as the step “B” but it is specifically focused on iOS phones. The steps are as follows.
- Open Settings app on the iOS device.
- Launch Settings app on the particular iOS device on which the game has to be played.
- Tap on General.
- Scroll down and click on the Reset option
- Tap on Reset Network Settings of the device.
- And then click on confirm.
- Leaving Google Maps on in the background: Some Pokemon Go players also claimed that opening the Google Maps and then going to the Pokemon Go app somehow fixed the issue and they were able to locate a stable GPS signal.
- When none of these options work then, in that case, you can just turn your phone off and turn it back on. Many users reported that doing so was all it took to fix the issue.
If after trying all the six steps, which includes from enabling the GPS to resetting the phone’s network settings, still, the game posits the error Pokemon go GPS signal not found it may be an issue with Niantic’s servers altogether. It would be better if you wait it out, explore the actual settings of the real world rather than the make-believe perception of the place we reside. Till then, the experts at Niantic would surely come to the rescue. The app is incredibly popular and user-friendly, and the servers may just be overloaded at the instant.